Real Estate Negotiation Expert (RENE) - 2-Day NAR Certification
REALTOR® Member Pricing: $289, plus a one-time application fee of $159
Instructor: Gonzalo Mejia
***This certification will not offer CE credit***
The RENE Certification Course is an interactive experience to help negotiators elevate their game! The
course examines all types of negotiation formats and methods so that today’s negotiators can play the
game to win. A full spectrum of tips, tools, techniques and advantages will be provided so that
negotiators can provide effective results for their client.
RENE also includes a variety real-world negotiations to help students apply the power tools, techniques
and tactics learned in the course. Understanding the tactics and techniques is one thing but learning
how to recognize them being done and using them effectively requires practice. The exercises and
field simulations provide the foundational experience and practice negotiators need to master so they
can effectively advocate for their clients.
Real estate professionals encounter all sorts of people, personalities, situations, behind the scenes
issues, and adverse and competing objectives of the parties.
1. Understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations, and the skills needed for successful negotiating
2. Understand and apply the basic negotiating concepts: WATNA, BATNA, WAP, and ZOPA
3. Recognize patterns and tactics being utilized
4. Adjust your communication style to achieve optimum results with any party in the transaction
5. Effectively negotiate face-to-face, on the phone, through e-mail, text, and live virtually
6. Lay the groundwork for a negotiation
7. Identify what information to share and what to keep to yourself
8. Understand the basic bargaining techniques
9. Apply strategies for identifying mutual gain
10. Understand how to reach consensus and set the terms of agreement
11. Secure the best possible outcome for your client and protect their interests
12. Deal with difficult issues
How to Earn It
Complete the two-day course.
There is no exam requirement for this certification.
Member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®
The application will be sent to you after you’ve completed the required courses.
- The course price varies by provider. ORRA price: $289
- One-time application fee of $159
1. FREC requires that licensees attend 90% of instructional class time. Physical presence is required
2. This certification will not be awarded to students who miss more than 40 minutes of instructional time. Please allow adequate commute time. No exceptions.
3. All students MUST sign-in and out to receive CE credit.
4. Electronic note-taking is permitted on silent devices, only. Cell phone use is permitted during designated breaks.
Special Disabilities: Accommodated with advance notice.
A refund for 50% of the course registration fee will be issued for cancellations received within 5 days of the course date. No refunds will be issues for No Shows. Cancellations can be made through ORRA’s Professional Development Department at 407.513.7268 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.