FR/Florida Bar Contracts
ORRA Member Pricing: $10
Instructor: Andrew Fisher
This course will familiarize students with the most widely used contract form in Florida. This contract is a joint effort of the Florida Realtors and the Florida Bar.
It’s used in all 67 counties by small and large Brokerages. Students will also discuss the Riders that can be used in circumstances where the standard contract
by itself won’t accomplish the objectives of the parties.
After taking this class students will be able to:
• Identify and accurately complete the appropriate addenda to use in any specific situation.
• Explain the differences between assignment with recourse and without recourse.
• List the timelines and parties for notification regarding mortgage commitments.
• Define the difference to a buyer or seller of cosmetic V functional deficiency.
• Accurately calculate the down payment and financing acquired to achieve the agreed upon price and terms.
• Explains the rights of a seller regarding repairs in an AS-IS contract.
• List the options available to a buyer when a seller defaults on a contract.
• Contrast the difference between funding at closing and closing in escrow.
• Allocate closing costs between the parties.
• List the times (number of days) for cancellation between a condominium resale and a newly constructed condominium.
• Define the difference between mediation and binding arbitration.
1. FREC requires that licensees attend 90% of instructional class time. Physical presence is required
2. CE credit will not be awarded to students who miss more than 20 minutes of instructional time. Please allow adequate commute time. No exceptions.
3. All students MUST sign-in and out to receive CE credit.
4. Electronic note-taking is permitted on silent devices, only. Cell phone use is permitted during designated breaks.
Special Disabilities: Accommodated with advance notice.
Cancellations not received within two (2) days prior to class start time will result in the forfeiture of the registration fee. Cancellations can be made through ORRA’s Professional Development Department at 407.513.7268 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.