Cybersecurity: Protecting Your Business From Digital & Legal Threats (3 CE)
Instructor: Craig Grant
Member price: $10
Location: In-person at the Orlando Regional Realtor Association (ORRA)
It is no longer a secret that with the proliferation of Wire Transfer Fraud, Listing Scams, and many other digital schemes, the real estate industry has become a major target for hackers and fraudsters. They realize REALTORS® are often involved in large transactions and gathering valuable information and typically don't have the proper training, tools, or resources to do so. In this session, you will learn how to assess what current cybersecurity weaknesses you may have, how to protect yourself and your clients with very easy to implement low tech solutions, and how to navigate several laws, NAR policies, and more to ensure you and your clients survive this perilous digital world.
In this session, you will learn how to:
1. Relate how the real estate industry has become a target for hackers and fraudulent digital schemes
2. Identify how to protect your clients from cyber threats that target the real estate industry
3. Demonstrate how to be compliant with the state & federal laws and NAR policies that can negatively impact your business and your clients
1. FREC requires that licensees attend 90% of instructional class time. Physical presence is required
2. CE credit will not be awarded to students who miss more than 15 minutes of instructional time. Please allow adequate commute time. No exceptions.
3. All students MUST sign-in and out to receive CE credit.
4. Electronic note-taking is permitted on silent devices, only. Cell phone use is permitted during designated breaks.
ORRA will make every effort to ensure that onsite programs are accessible to all. Call 407-513-7268 to provide advance notice to staff regarding need of assistance.
Cancellations not received within two (2) days prior to class start time will result in the forfeiture of the registration fee. Cancellations can be made through ORRA’s Professional Development Department at 407.513.7268 or email at email@example.com.