Risk Management (3 CE)
Member Price: $10
Instructor: Beverly Pindling
Location: In-person at the Orlando Regional Realtor Association (ORRA).
All Realtors® want to manage risk as adequately as possible, and this course will speak to and help agents avoid the most common risks associated with the ownership of a Brokerage firm and the practice of real estate sale. The course will explore the risks associated with short sales, the importance of having a Policy Manual at a Brokerage Firm.
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
- List the content of a good policy manual.
- Identify those issues of greatest liability.
- Create a table of contents for a policy manual.
- Segregate areas of risk between a salesperson and a Brokerage firm given a specific scenario.
- Instruct other workgroup participants on the appropriate steps to meet FS 475 requirements.
- Define the Agency options available to Florida licensees.
- List the steps required and timeline requirements to file an escrow disbursement request with the Division of Real Estate.
- Segregate between illegal kickbacks and legal rebates, and define the acronyms HUD, RESPA, ADA,FTC and FS 475.
1. FREC requires that licensees attend 90% of instructional class time. Physical presence is required.
2. CE credit will not be awarded to students who miss more than 15 minutes of instructional time. Please allow adequate commute time. No exceptions.
3. All students MUST sign-in and out to receive CE credit.
4. Electronic note-taking is permitted on silent devices, only. Cell phone use is permitted during designated breaks.
ORRA will make every effort to ensure that onsite programs are accessible to all. Call 407-513-7268 to provide advance notice to staff regarding need of assistance.
Cancellations not received within two (2) days prior to class start time will result in the forfeiture of the registration fee. Cancellations can be made through ORRA’s Professional Development Department at 407.513.7268 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.