**This class will be held virtually via Zoom. Registrants will receive a login link the day before and an hour before class start time. (You must register to receive the link)**
Florida is a destination for many vacation travelers. With more than a million condominiums in Florida, plus the vast amount of destination locations, short term renting is popular.
Property Management is a common niche for many real estate practitioners, however, short term renting is its own niche, it's important to understand the laws, regulations and day to day operations and requirements. Objectives:
• Define what short term renting is
• Name the laws governing short term rentals
• Have a deeper understanding of Chapter 529 Florida Statutes
• Understand the obligations of sales tax for Florida
• Understand the obligations of sales tax for local counties
• Identify your company backbone in relation to set up
• List websites to use to promote short term rental listings
• Identify key elements recommended in management agreements
• Describe day to day operations in business
• List software options to assist in short term renting
• Identify key elements recommended in rental agreements with tenants
1. FREC requires that licensees attend 90% of instructional class time.
2. CE credit will not be awarded to students who miss more than 20 minutes of instructional time.
3. All students MUST remain logged in at all times. No exceptions.
Cancellations not received within two (2) business day prior to class start time will result in the forfeiture of the registration fee. Cancellations can be made through ORRA’s Professional Development Department at 407.513.7268 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.