NEW CODE OF CONDUCT NOTICE
The Orlando REaltors® Connect Code of Conduct has recently changed, please read the new terms and conditions before clicking the "Agree" button.
Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of Orlando REALTORS® Connect. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic rules and guidelines for participation in this community.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the community. This is a great community with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via the "Contact Us" link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important rules and guidelines. To participate in this community, you must (i) agree to and accept these rules and guidelines; (ii) be in good standing with Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association; and (iii) use the email address currently on file with Orlando Regional Realtor REALTOR®.
In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate you membership and participation in this community for any violation of these rules and guidelines.
Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association reserves the right to amend these rules and guidelines form time to time in its sole discretion.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments may be subject to defamation and/or antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, obscene, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials or activities are strictly prohibited. Do not post any false, deceptive, or otherwise misleading information. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Do not post messages or upload files that contain photos, music, video, software, or other materials protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other applicable laws unless you own the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents and approvals.
- Do not post any messages, files, or materials that could harm any other user’s computer or that could allow others to inappropriately or illegally access software or websites.
- In addition to these rules and guidelines, you are responsible for compliance with all federal, state, and local laws with respect to your use of this community.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, and location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. The current e-mail address on file with Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association will be the e-mail address associated with your use of this community. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself or rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply contact the membership department to change your e-mail address.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
This site is provided as a service for the members of Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association. Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. ORLANDO REGIONAL REALTOR® ASSOCIATION SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT POSTED IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES AND GUIDELINES. ORLANDO REGIONAL REALTOR® ASSOCIATION DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO INFORMATION POSTED ON THIS SITE, WHETHER POSTED BY ORLANDO REGIONAL REALTOR® ASSOCIATION OR ANY THIRD PARTY; THIS DISCLAIMER INCLUDES ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL ORLANDO REGIONAL REALTOR® ASSOCIATION BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, NOMINAL, PUNITIVE, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY INFORMATION POSTED ON THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES RELATED TO DEFAMATION OR LIBEL, ANTITRUST VIOLATIONS, OR LOSS OF USE, PRIVACY, DATA, OR PROFIT.
By posting material subject to copyright or other intellectual property laws, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade or that may violate any federal, state, or local antitrust laws. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate and are strictly prohibited: prices, commissions, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association may not actively monitor the community at all times for inappropriate postings and may not on its own undertake editorial control of postings, but reserves the right to do so.
Orlando Regional REALTOR® Association reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, terminate access to or remove posts submitted by any user who does not abide by these rules and guidelines or for any other reason whatsoever.
We respect your privacy
Any personal information you provide to us including, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
A "cookie" is a small data text file that is placed in your browser and allows us to recognize you each time you visit this site (personalization, etc). Cookies allow us to, among other things, store your preferences and settings, enable you to sign in, provide advertising, if any, combat fraud, and analyze how the community and site are performing. Cookies may also be used by third party content providers such as newsfeeds. Your web browser likely provides a variety of tools to control cookies.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.