A transaction with opposing counterparts is never comfortable! What can you do to "calm the storm" and bring a transaction to an amicable successful close?
This course examines the art of negotiation and what it can mean for a real estate professional when practiced correctly. It will help REALTORS® determine what negotiation is and how they can use it to find a solution.
Negotiating means finding a suitable compromise while keeping the focus on what each party needs to get out of the situation. Negotiation is a valuable skill that can prove to be beneficial in both professional and personal situations. REALTORS® will learn about themselves and how to better negotiate with their clients. Best of all, it will help them earn more money and get the results they desire!
What REALTORS® will learn:
• Provide an environment where the parties involved are aware of each others needs and are will to work together
• Bring to a conclusion a negotiation where each participant leaves satisfied with results
• Explain merit based negotiation and how beginning with a desired outcome improves the well-being of all participants
• List the five power positions
• How each can be used in a specific negotiation to achieve the desired outcome
• Demonstrate six negotiating tactics that benefit the parties to the negotiation.
1. CE credit will not be awarded if arrival and check-in are not complete by 12:50 p.m. No exceptions. Please allow adequate commute time.
2. Check in with ORRA staff and sign morning and afternoon attendance sheets.
3. FREC requires a licensee attend 90% of each of the classroom hours. Physical attendance is required for the duration of class.
4. Electronic note-taking is permitted on silent devices, only. Cell phone use is permitted during designated breaks.
Special Disabilities: Accommodated with advance notice.
Cancellations not received within two (2) days prior to class start time will result in the forfeiture of the registration fee. Cancellations can be made through ORRA’s Professional Development Department at 407.513.7268 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org